Tuesday 7 January 2014

Realisation of Dundhukaarudu

Gokarna was sleeping in his house one day,after returning from holy pilgrimage.Suddenly prethaathma came into his room.Gokarna sprinkled holy on water on it. It started talking. Hey brother!I am Dundhukara.See my pitiable plight.How many you told me to correct my self and be a good man. I did not hear you.Please tell me a way out to correct myself.Gokarna told him that he performed last rites to his brother in all the holy places.Even after that,he is moving like a spirit. He could not understand.Dudhukaarudu told his brother. Even after performing last rites to me in Gaya,I am still wandering like a troubled spirit. That means I am an utmost sinner in my entire life.Even if you perform last rites to me in Gaya hundred times also,I may not achieve moksha.But please help me out.He pleaded his brother.Gokarna told the restless spirit to come after one month.He would find a way.Gokarna started performing Soorya japam. Soorya ,ie Sun god, told him to do Bhaagavatha sapthaaham. Gokarna started Bhaagavtha sapthaaham. People from all walks of life came there to hear it.He requested one pious Brahmin to hear Bhaagavatha patanam which he was reciting.Dundhukaarudu was in the form of a spirit. So,he could not stand in one place without moving.So,he contained himself in a bamboo tree,and was static there. From there, he started hearing Bhaagavatha sapthaaham.He heard it with all his mind,body and heart immersed. That bamboo tree had seven ridges. By each day one ridge was breaking with a big bang.By the completion of seventh day, even the last ridge was broken and from the tree a celestial person came out.He was beautiful,looking like lord Vishnu himself.He fell on Gokarnas feet .He praised his brother from rescuing from the spirit form and helped him obtain moksham. Then ,from heaven a plane has come and took Dundhukaarudu into it. Then Gokarna asked those Vishnu servants why he alone was being taken to heaven,when manyothers too had heard the Bhaagavatham.Then they told him the reason.Just hearing is not enough. how many others had concentrated with all their mind,body and heart?You have to repeat it in your self the entire bhagavatham after hearing.This spirit did all those things. That was why it came out of its troubled spirit form and then too obtained kaivalyam. One has to give away every thing and plead god,Anyadhaa saranam naasthi,thvameva saranam mama! Again Gokarna started Bhaagavatha sapthaaham again. This time Vishnu servants came and took Gokarna and some other disciples who dissolved themselves in Krishna thathvam to Vishnupadham by making them Sree Krishna swaroopaas.

No comments:

Post a Comment